The estate planning attorneys of The Law Offices of Kennedy & Jackson can help you undo the remaining knots of marriage and revise a post-divorce estate plan. We counsel divorced and divorcing clients throughout Greater Houston and Harris County, from middle income clients adjusting to business owners and high net worth individuals.
CONSIDERATIONS FOR ESTATE PLANNING AND DIVORCE ATTORNEYS IN HOUSTON FOR AMENDING YOUR ESTATE PLAN
Attorneys Thomas Kennedy and David Jackson are both certified as estate planning specialists by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Their 30 years of combined experience will help you take the steps to protect your interests and the best interests of your children:
- Updating your will to change the beneficiaries and executor
- Changing the beneficiaries on your life insurance and retirement accounts
- Changing the beneficiary of trusts and payable-on-death accounts
- Removing your ex-spouse’s name from the title of real estate and other assets
- Revising your durable power of attorney and medical power of attorney
- Nominating guardians (if other than your ex-spouse)
- Creating a revocable living trust for your assets
- Creating trusts to provide your children (camps, private tuition, cars, college, etc.)
- Other precautions and estate planning strategies
Divorce can cause issues for your business interests if your spouse has an ownership stake in your professional practice or company. We can help arrange a buyout or restructuring of business ownership agreements to mitigate any fallout of divorce.
MOVING ON FROM DIVORCE
Even if you remain on good terms with your former spouse, it is critical to make the changes in your estate-related documents. Our attorneys can address all the scenarios and help you make a clean break and a fresh estate planning start. Our law office is located in the Galleria area of Houston, with free on-site parking available next to our office building.
To schedule an appointment, call 713-783-7444 or send us an email. We provide a complimentary and confidential consultation.