The death of a parent or family member can bring families together or bring divisions to the surface. While some disputes revolve around money or property, many others involve issues that are more emotional than financial in nature.
For decades, The Law Offices of Kennedy & Jackson in Houston has guided families through the Texas probate process. Our goal is to help you avoid family disputes through careful planning and good communications. In some cases, disputes can be resolved by retaining our law firm to supervise the probate process. If litigation is necessary to protect your rights, our lawyers are prepared to guide you through the process.
The following are examples of the types of family disputes our attorneys are experienced in handling:
- Undue influence in a will by a family member who served as a caretaker
- Disputes over the distribution of property such as a vacation home or business
- Theft, self-dealing or other breach of fiduciary duty by an executor
- Disputes involving blended families or nontraditional families
- Disputes over guardianship or power of attorney for an incapacitated parent
Our lawyers represent executors, administrators, trustees, beneficiaries, guardians and heirs in Greater Houston, Harris County and beyond. We often advise executors and beneficiaries living in other states concerning the Texas estate of their parent or family member.
CONTACT A FAMILY DISPUTES ATTORNEY IN HOUSTON
Our law office is located in the Galleria area of Houston, with free on-site parking available next to our office building. We provide a complimentary — and confidential — initial consultation to all new potential clients.
To schedule an appointment with one of our lawyers, call 713-783-7444 or send us an email.