- Who would be in charge? On what legal authority?
- Is the business protected from creditors and lawsuits?
- Is your personal wealth exposed?
- Is your “empire” properly structured for succession?
The Law Offices of Kennedy & Jackson advises business owners in Houston, Sugar Land, Harris County and beyond. Our clients range from sole proprietors and professionals to family-owned companies and other closely held businesses.
KNOWLEDGEABLE ESTATE PLANNING FOR BUSINESS OWNERS LAW FIRM IN HOUSTON WITH BOARD-CERTIFIED ATTORNEYS
Attorneys Thomas Kennedy and David Jackson are each certified in estate planning and probate law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. The success of their law partnership owes to 30 years of combined experience, a commitment to hard work and quality legal counsel, and a solid foundation for the law firm itself.
Mr. Kennedy and Mr. Jackson take the same approach with your business, helping you to chart a course for success and protect your personal stake. They combine sophisticated strategies with individualized attention to address your estate planning needs:
- A will to declare who will inherit your share of the business and your other assets
- Power of attorney to control your business and financial affairs if you are incapacitated
- Asset protection trusts to shield you and your heirs from business creditors, lawsuits and taxes
- A buy-sell agreement among shareholders or partners in the event of death or disability
- Cross-purchase life insurance policies to fund a buyout if one owner dies
- A family limited partnership or limited liability company to protect the business and provide for a smooth transfer from one generation to the next
- Gifting and discounting strategies in anticipation of succession
PLANNING AND PROTECTING IS WHAT WE DO
We make sure that the operating, partnership or shareholder agreement, commercial real estate deeds and other business documents align with your personal estate planning documents. We also make sure that you are “on the same page” with your business partners or with children or key employees who will take the reins of a family business.
Our law firm is located in the Galleria area of Houston, with free on-site parking available next to our office building. We provide a complimentary and confidential initial consultation to all new potential clients.
To schedule an appointment with one of our lawyers, call 713-783-7444 or send us an email.