“Estate planning” is an umbrella term for the use of legal documents to specify — in a legally binding way — answers to questions such as:
- Who gets my assets when I die? When do they inherit?
- What happens to my children if I die or if I become incapacitated?
- Who will have control over my finances if I can’t manage my affairs?
- What if I don’t want to be kept on life support? What if I do?
- How can we keep a family-owned business in the family?
- How can my beneficiaries avoid probate, estate taxes and creditors?
- Can I specify how my heirs make use of their inheritance?
TAKING STOCK AND PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE
EXPERIENCED ESTATE PLANNING LAWYERS IN HOUSTON
The Law Offices of Kennedy & Jackson focuses exclusively in estate planning, business planning and asset protection. Whether you are developing your first estate plan or need to review and revise an existing plan, we take professional pride in providing straightforward explanations of complex legal and financial concepts such that our clients clearly understand the reasoning behind our estate planning recommendations.
PERSONALIZED APPROACH TO ESTATE PLANNING BASICS
A do-it-yourself estate planning “kit” will not cover the bases. We offeraffordable but individualized estate planning documents that everyone can benefit from in planning for incapacity and anticipating one’s death:
- A last will and testament
- Powers of attorney
- Health care directives
- Guardianship of minor or disabled children
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
BOARD-CERTIFIED ATTORNEYS FOR ADVANCED ESTATE PLANNING GOALS
Attorneys Thomas Kennedy and David Jackson are both certified in estate planning and probate law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Their 30 years of collective knowledge and experience pays dividends to high net worth clients who need more sophisticated strategies and solutions:
- Estate tax planning and gift tax planning
- Charitable gifts and private foundations
- Living trusts
- Life insurance trusts
- Real estate transactions and planning
- Asset allocation and asset protection strategies
Mr. Kennedy and Mr. Jackson have taught estate planning and asset protection at the university level. They are not merely familiar with complex trusts and planning instruments; they have the foundational understanding to maximize the benefits of these tools and explain it in plain English to clients.
Did you know? If you have a “pay on death,” “transfer on death,” “right of survivorship” or other beneficiary designation on a bank account, certificate of deposit, IRA, life insurance policy or other financial account, that beneficiary designation will trump any designations you make in your will. We provide acomplete review of your financial assets to make sure your wishes regarding inheritance are honored.
COMPREHENSIVE ESTATE PLANNING SERVICES IN HOUSTON, TEXAS
The Law Offices of Kennedy & Jackson serves clients in Greater Houston, Harris County and beyond. We are located in the Galleria area of Houston, with free on-site parking available next to our office building. We provide a complimentary — and confidential — initial consultation to all new potential clients. Clients can expect to work directly with the partners of the firm, rather than being relegated to a paralegal.
To schedule an appointment with one of our lawyers, call 713-783-7444 or send us an email.